Their father's sons.
The other night the boys were getting in trouble for causing a ruckus, after bedtime. River had gotten up on the top bunk with Ezra, and the end result was River "accidentally" kicking Ezra in the nose. So back to the punishment. They were both standing in front of us and Joe was giving them the lecture about doing what they are supposed to and he is sick of telling them over and over again, when River cracks a smile. Joe tries to bust him and tells him that it's not funny. But guess what? It was funny and all of us ended up cracking up.
We have been talking to Ezra about his behavior in Church. Specifically in primary. He is not very reverent. He makes funny comments to make everyone laugh. I know because, I teach the class just younger than his. He does stuff that isn't appropriate church behavior to make the girls sitting by him laugh.
It's hard for Joe to get mad at the boys when he was exactly the same way growing up.
Joe turned another year older. We had a little party. We were low on frosting so all he got was "HBD" -Happy Birthday, Dad. He didn't seem to mind.
The other night the boys were getting in trouble for causing a ruckus, after bedtime. River had gotten up on the top bunk with Ezra, and the end result was River "accidentally" kicking Ezra in the nose. So back to the punishment. They were both standing in front of us and Joe was giving them the lecture about doing what they are supposed to and he is sick of telling them over and over again, when River cracks a smile. Joe tries to bust him and tells him that it's not funny. But guess what? It was funny and all of us ended up cracking up.
We have been talking to Ezra about his behavior in Church. Specifically in primary. He is not very reverent. He makes funny comments to make everyone laugh. I know because, I teach the class just younger than his. He does stuff that isn't appropriate church behavior to make the girls sitting by him laugh.It's hard for Joe to get mad at the boys when he was exactly the same way growing up.
Joe turned another year older. We had a little party. We were low on frosting so all he got was "HBD" -Happy Birthday, Dad. He didn't seem to mind.
Joe caught Ezra, who is in second grade, walking home from the bus stop with his arm around some fourth grade girl.The girl told Joe, "This is my little man."
Joe was pretty proud.
We went to Ezra's music recital at school, it was very interesting. The xylophone was performance was fun, but the best part was the artwork on the walls.I saw this gem and had to take a picture for Jodi and her cousin. It's a picture of Carol Johnston, the one-armed gymnast.
I guess some girl did a book report on her and made this poster.River is still good for some laughs he hopped up on the table after dinner last night, unzipped the front of his feety pajamas and said “Oh yeah, who's attracted to me?” I guess it is a line from
The other day when River was in his Superman costume he said to me, "Mom can you flap my cape while I do this?" He put his fists on his hips and stuck out his chest. We had to get a picture of it.Cora is getting cuter with each new day :).
Here are some videos of Cora, mostly for the grandparents. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't watch them(unless you are the grandparents, then you have to watch them, you're the whole reason I put them on here).
This one is her showing me that she is done eating.
Here are some videos of Cora, mostly for the grandparents. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't watch them(unless you are the grandparents, then you have to watch them, you're the whole reason I put them on here).
This one is her showing me that she is done eating.
This second one is her crawling she is super cute.

10 comments:
Love Cora's baby blues! :) And your house looks awesome from what I could see in the pictures/videos!
Your kids are hilarious - guess it's just part of the territory with you and Joe as parents. As for the weather here - yes it feels like you're walking into a hair dryer every time you go outside - but just imagine a huge hair dryer full of sand in the air. I've basically resolved not to go outdoors during the daytime and so far that's working out pretty well - we mostly work nights so most days I'm sleeping through the worst of it. From what I hear, later on in the summer when the temps are up in the 120's is when the humdity comes. woohoo...
I love reading your posts because they are so funny! And Cora is SO cute. Joe said so when he came back from Colorado, but I didn't really know the extent until I saw the videos. SO cute! Also, can I get a copy of that Carol Johnston poster?
Adorable!!! I love that someone else has trouble with their kids in church and not just me. Payton will be 9 in June and gets to church takes off his shoes and lays on the bench. Good times! Oh well, I hope he grows out of it before he goes on a mission!
I am glad that you guys have a better sense of humor than I do. I think if my kids would of been smiling when I was trying to punish them/lay down the law, etc. I would have gotten so mad. I am glad you guys can have fun with that.
Your family ROCKS!!! Cora is crawling- what? She is absloutely beautiful :)
The punishment sounds like us- my kids have a hard time falling asleep & usually ends up with someone crying from messing around.
Church is another story for us too- I'd like to become inactive until my kids are like 10, is that possible?! I used to think my kids were so sweet, until Treygen started Sunbeams & told his teacher her necklace was ugly! Yep, good times :)
K- loove that you got a picture of Carol (the one armed gymnast) so people know that I'm not LupOrS :) That was sweet!
When are we meeting in Arizona?
I'm done writing my novel now, Love ya-
Jodi
It sounds like life at the Lasura's is entertaining. Cora's crawling is amazing, she is hauling on that hard wood floor. I'm pretty sure that Ben will crack up with Rhone too, it's just hard to be mad when they are funny. Be sure to tell Joe HBD for us.
your blog just makes me laugh! i miss you guys!
Grandparent or not we watched both videos and loved them. I love her little pearl earrings, they suit her very nicely. Good luck with discipline when you have boys that funny!
Hi Joan- this is Lara, Jodi's cousin. She told me about the report someone did on Carol Johnston so I had to check it out. I love it! I thought Jodi and I were the only ones who knew who she was :) Thanks for showing us. You are still so cute and your family is beautiful. Take care.
Post a Comment