Monday, July 28, 2008

July

It's been a while since I've posted. That doesn't mean there hasn't been anything going on with us.
For the past week and a half my parents have been in town. We had so much fun having them here. They got here just in time, because I had just gotten out of the hospital. I knew that my intense chest pain was not heartburn. My chest was hurting so bad that we went to the ER and guess what? They admitted me, that never happens. Anyway it was a gallbladder attack and I've got gall stones baby. Apparently I missed the window to have my gallbladder removed during pregnancy, so it will be removed after the baby is born. I'm on a special diet now, just like the animals in the zoo, it's call a low-fat bland diet. Sounds delish, try not to be jealous.


When my parents were here the boys and I were in heaven, I'm sure Joe liked it too, but he had to go to work and study so he didn't really get the full effect. I figured out that a stay for me in the hospital turns my mom into super overprotective mom. As soon as they got here my mom wouldn't let me do anything. She made everyone's lunch and did the dishes. I just had a 10 day break from the dishes and laundry, it was awesome. Then after about 4 days she let me go out of the house and help her in the kitchen. She still made me take a nap after lunch everyday. It was pretty rough on me.
My dad and the boys had so much fun together. Here is their basic schedule.
1. Eat breakfast outside together.
2. Go to the park.
3. Come home and eat lunch.
4. Go the the pool after lunch for as long as they wanted to, or until it starts raining and Grandma makes them get out of the pool.
5. Come home and watch Spongebob.
6. Eat dinner.
7. Bed time with the longest bed time story from Grandma.

Here are my Dad and the boys eating breakfast outside. The weather is beautiful in the morning.

Joe had his final flight on Friday. We are officially done here in Albuquerque. We will be going to Cheyenne later this week. We debated if we were going to stay and have the baby, but I really want to get where we are going. Plus, I wanted to be able to start Ezra in just one school this year. If we stayed he probably would have had to start school here in ABQ.
We also found out that Joe's training dates were able to be postponed, so when we get to Cheyenne he will be able to help me with the baby.


One fun thing we did while in Albuquerque
A few weeks ago we went to the minor league baseball game here. They are called the Albuquerque Isotopes. The stadium is really nice. We kept seeing commercials for it all of the time. On the commercials, they show face painting. So Ezra and River have been asking to get their faces painted for about 3 months now. I told them if we ever went somewhere that has facepainting they could get it done. I'm thinking face painting, it's either free or you pay the painter a tip or it's a couple of bucks. That's not how it works at the baseball game. It was $10 per face. Yikes! I would have said no way if I hadn't already told them yes for three months and on the way to the baseball game. So when we got to the game we got their faces painted, and then it started raining and we left. Good times.

Here is a pictures of their expensive face painting.


It was really hard to get all of the paint off of their faces. Here is River after about 3 or 4 times of trying to wiping his face off. We could not get the black from under his eyes. He looked like a rock star for the next few days.



We also had a visit to Mesa for the 4th of July and my birthday. Joe even got to come with us for a few days. It was so fun. Joe gave me a pink Nintendo DS for my B-day. I love it. When he gave it to me he told me that it was just for me. Try telling a 7 year old that you are not going to share your Nintendo DS with him. I couldn't do it. I only lasted a day of being stingy with my DS. I did get a funny story out of sharing it with the boys.
Ezra was playing the DS and River was watching him. Ezra leaned over to River and said to River, "River, I don't even care that this is pink."
It was funny.

When we get to Cheyenne and have the internet, I will be able to do another update. Up next on our schedule; a new baby for the Lasura's.

Bonus Picture!
Here is River doing a shot of Parmesan cheese. That boy is his father's son.

9 comments:

A said...

River looks awesome! Like he has been playing way too much guitar hero or something! Did you guys pick a name for the baby yet? Good luck in Cheyenne!

amber and alma said...

Okay, I know you have been busy but I just need to say this but don't feel guilty, FINALLY. Holy crap, I needed to know what was going on and we are such terrible phone talkers. So you have decided to move first, gosh I wish I could help you guys, or even just see you, we miss you terribly. Congrats to Joe, I am so proud of him. Love all the pictures, thanks for the update, maybe I'll call you later this week. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I really enjoyed it... the boys are so cute! River's eyes reminded me of Jack Sparrow, haha! I hope you you don't have any more chest pain until your surgery... that's a bummer! Can't wait to hear all about Cheyenne and "meet" little miss Lasura! :-)

Sarah said...

I've been worried about you ever since I found out you were in the hospital. You finally get to join the "cool" club of the family - those who don't ahve gallbladders. It's great having heartburn if you drink too much water, and all the fun diet changes you get to make. You don't realize the importance of such a silly part - sorry.

I need your address (once you get to Cheyenne) I have a baby gift for ya. Email me
armywife1cav@yahoo.com

Be careful, and don't do too much!!

Melanie and Will said...

Aw, suck about the gall bladder attack!! NOT FUN! I had one 3 days after I had Easton, but needless to say, I still have my gallbladder. Apparently pregnancy is a trigger for gallbladder problems. Good luck with that in the near future!

And HOW NICE of your parents to come and visit and be such cool grandparents! I'm jealous! YOu're parents are so kind.

good luck with the move and the new baby!!!!

Katie said...

oh man joan, so sorry about your gall bladder! i'm glad that your parents could be there and it sounds like you guys have been having a blast! we miss you all like crazy. we'll be thinking about you on your move to cheyenne. i'll be in denver at the end of august, maybe we can meet! let's talk soon!

meagan said...

Joan so sorry to hear about gall bladder! We hope that the move goes well! We will be moving shortly after we have our baby- our due date is Jan 9th, and graduation in Jan 25th. Thanks to your post about names, I order the baby name wizard book, hopefully it gets us brainstorming because we are a long way away from any sort of baby name. Tell Joe congrats on finishing another phase of this whole pilot training saga!

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

Joan, that is crazy! Thank heavens for your mom! It was great seeing a picture of your parents again! Hope things are going well & thanks for all the cute pics!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

I am glad you are doing better- what a scare! love the pics of the boys- mine would love that :) You are such a great trooper to be all over the country during your pregnancy - Best Wishes - can't wait to here how everything is & see the newest baby Lasura GIRL!!!
I love your parents - they are great. Tell them hello from all of us.
luvs
jodi