
This past weekend we went to the Peanut Festival, it wasn't really a festival as much as it was the state fair. It was overpriced and we didn't have Nannie (Joe's mom) with us to buy a ridiculous amount of tickets and all of the fried food that we wanted. So we settled for a ride on the carousel and an elephant ear. The boys scouts from our stake had a booth and they were selling, elephant ears. I had never heard of them before, but they are like a flat churro or a bigger thinner version of indian fry bread covered in cinnamon and sugar. We bought two and then one of the guys that was working there was one of Joe's flight instructors and gave us a free one, so we ended up with three elephant ears. We couldn't eat all of them, but immediately Ezra was in heaven, River took some convincing, but after we made him take a bite he thought they were delicious too.
It was pretty much a rip off of over-priced games, rides and food.

They did have a free booth you could go in and learn about the Alabama Farm, which leads me to Joe's favorite story.
The boys and I are in the booth learning all about the farm, Joe is waiting with the stroller outside the booth. A man and his kids, who clearly know about farming in Alabama, walk by and his kids start to go into the booth. Then the dad in a thick southern accent says, "Kids don't go in there that is for people who aint never seen a fa....."
Then he sees Joe and says, "For people who want to be a farmer for a day."
I don't know if is funny as a story on my blog, but it was funny when it happened.

So there was this lady and she had a monkey on a chain. You could A) Give the monkey a quarter for a good luck handshake. B) Give the monkey a dollar and get a picture OF the monkey. C) Give the monkey 5 dollars and get your picture taken with the monkey.
Holy Smokes that monkey was raking it in!!! Joe said if I wanted to live comfortably like a carnie he would buy me a monkey. I'm still debating.
8 comments:
Haha, I loved hearing about your experience. Only in Alabama! I tried to get Kevin to go and he didn't want to... now I'm not too sorry I missed it!
LOL about the monkey! Hmmm, makes me think I SHOULD GET A MONKEY!!! Sounds like you guys had 'some' fun at the rip-off fair. Too funny about the daddy farmer guy too!
What are we all doing!? Let's just buy a monkey and get rich and retire! :)
are you going to make us elephant ears? :)
Hmm, this reminds me of when I met Joe. I told my mom, "Thems city folks and they ain't got no know-how 'bout the goins on around small towns. It's right funny." Wow. I guess things have changed.
P.S. I'll go halfsies for a monkey.
So I put pictures on your mom's blog and she's writing me captions for them... Happy Thanksgiving!
Of course I remember you!Email me at murphys6@hotmail.com
Donny
this is the funniest blog post i've ever read! i wish we could all be there for that.
Post a Comment