Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mississippi

Ezra on top of an F-15



This weekend we went back to Columbus MS, too see our friends get their assignments (what plane and where to). Our good friends the Woodlands and the Carusos both got their first choice and they are both going to go to Travis AFB in California (Lucky!). It was so fun to see all of our friends from Mississippi. We went to dinner with the Caruso family and some other friends after assignment night. On Saturday we went to "Career Day" (planes set up for you to look at and talk to the pilots).
We got to watch a University of Alabama football game with Joe and Katie C. and their friends, Ana and Kyle (I recommend this to everyone). If you don't know what "Roll Tide" means look it up. Katie's dad was calling her during the game so they could discuss what was happening. I'm pretty sure she answered the phone "roll tide" when he called. My Joe was impressed by Ana's football knowledge, first she was discussing how college football should go to a play off system and then during the game she claimed there was "p.i." (pass interference). It was so fun to see what being a true football fan is all about.


Here are our friends with their new aircraft.

Kelsey and Oliver on the left with C-17.

Joe and Katie on right with KC-10.













On a side note when I said "look it up" I didn't actually look it up myself because I know what it means. The Mascot for University of Alabama is an Elephant or The Crismon Tide. I don't get it either, but I'm from AZ. I found this quote on the internet(so it must be true.)

“Roll Tide is Alabama’s battle cry, but among fans, it’s the ultimate all-purpose phrase, like prego in Italian or namaste in Nepali, an acceptable substitute for hello, goodbye, nice to meet you, and Amen” — Warren St. John, Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer

7 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so glad you guys came to visit. It was great to see you and your family!

Anonymous said...

At first I typed "roll tide" into google and about 1.5 million sites came up. I clicked on the first few and it was just Alabama State sites. Then I typed it into wikipedia and realized it was music, yada yada yada. Seriously? Can the South get any awesomer?

Anonymous said...

i love the c-13 picture :)

Melanie and Will said...

Ok, Joan....soooo, you never emailed me back and gave me your blog address....and I stumbled upon it in a strange way. Somehow your bro Joe or maybe Becca knows my niece Kamry's in-laws....crazy world huh!? Anyhow, I'm so glad I found it and you caved to the blogging world! Yippee! Your family is so very cute!!!

Sarah said...

Totally Cute Blog!! I miss being in the military and getting to travel and see all the fun stuff. I miss you totally and can't wait for you to come back and visit. Someone told me you were in town a few weeks ago and when I called, you had left like the day before. Crazy!!! I'm so excited to blogstalk you and see all the fun things ya'll are up too!!

Katie said...

oh joan! we are so glad you all came! please make the note that it is the university of alabama, not alabama state! and yes, roll tide serves as any phrase you need it to. : ) you guys are the best!

Anonymous said...

katie.....so sorry, problem has been fixed.
joan