Friday, April 30, 2010

It's been a while...

So, it's been a while since I've updated my blog. I won't bore you with the excuses.
Let me fill you in on what's been going on with everyone.

JOAN:
*I have discovered craft blogs! Have you seen all the craft blogs? There are about a million. I place most of the blame of not updating my blog on craft blogs.
Here are some of my favorites:
U-create
Samster Mommy
You could spend all day going from blog to blog to blog. Finding all kinds of things that you want to make but never will. Not that I have ever neglected the laundry and dishes for craft blogs.
*I have decided that I am done trying to have a good attitude about the weather this year. I will start faking my good attitude again sometime in the Fall.
I am so done with the snow and the cold and the wind!!!We have had some nice days. We got Cora a baby swing for our swing set. She loves it so much, but we don't get to use it everyday because I don't like being out in the cold windy wind. I understand that spring is cold, warm, cold, warm, I'm just saying I'm sick of it.We took this picture after the first big snow of the season. Do you know when that was? OCTOBER! Six months ago!! Done I say, Done!
The only reason I'm smiling is because I forgot what was in store for the months ahead. Also it usually snows once or twice in May.
*I have self diagnosed SAD. My friends say I should go to the tanning booth. Please listen to this link from 30 rock, Jack and Liz are talking about SAD. It is funny!
*We are looking forward to our summer break in AZ. We are also going to San Diego to hang out on the beach. I cannot wait!!

JOE:
Here he is looking hot in his uniform.
*Joe was promoted to Captain, that's right you can call him Captain Lasura. It was an automatic promotion, but I am still very proud of him. The automatic raise was awesome too.
*Joe was also upgraded to air craft commander it means that he gets to be the pilot instead of the co-pilot. That wasn't automatic, he had to study and take tests. Again, I am very proud!
*Joe got to go to Alaska and Albuquerque for training. Next month he gets to go to Guernsey, Wyoming, so exciting!
*Joe had a birthday and turned 33!
*Joe also finished SOS (squadron officer school) it required extra studying and test taking.
*Joe will be starting his masters next month, wish him luck.
(Joe works hard for our family!)

EZRA:
*Ez is finally starting to eat like a boy. We hardly ever have to bargain with him to take bites of his dinner. In fact I have found myself saying things like;
-Little bites for little boys.
-Slow down, nobody's going to take it from you.
-Where did all of your food go?*Ezra (and Joe and I) will be making a model of Krakatoa and when I say model I mean replica. It has to of course erupt, but it has to look like the volcano and have models of the indigenous animals on it too. Should be a blast to build, get it? A blast!
*Ezra has become my little bookworm. After he does his homework, he likes to read. He is reading books about dragons and lightning thieves, I'm cool with it.

RIVER:
*River lost his first tooth! Isn't he so adorable?
*River has been learning so much in kindergarten this year. It has been so fun seeing him learn to read and write. Every night he reads a short book to me.
Here is a story that he wrote and illustrated.
Obviously it is me and River on the couch reading a book. You can tell it's me by the hair and eyelashes.
It says:
I am reading a book. I like to read to mom. We read sitting on a couch(kowck). It is fun.

*River is one of a kind.
Here's the story:
We were out to dinner celebrating Joe's promotion. River orders a pizza. The pizza arrives and River takes one bite and decides that he does not like the pizza and he doesn't want to eat it.
Joe tells River that the pizza cost $5 and unless he wants to give Joe $5 River will need to eat the food that he ordered.A few minutes later I look up from my food across the table and Riv is holding up a 5 dollar bill. I nudge Joe and tell him that River has something for him. I wish I could describe the look on Joe's face when he saw River handing him the money across the table. It was priceless!
We are still not sure where he got $5.
*
River is always doing things to keep us laughing.

CORA:
*Cora is super cute and adorable! She is a very good little girl. I like hanging out with her all day.
*Cora is 20 months old and likes to talk.
She says things like;
-No Daddy that's mine.
-I got my shoes on.
- I want to swing.
-I love you.
-Where boys? At school.
-Where Daddy? At work.
*Cora got a stroller for her babies. Can anyone tell my why I never thought about the boys running really fast while they push Cora in the play stroller? I honestly didn't see it coming. I guess I was just excited for little girl toys.
*Cora still likes to read books and takes all the books off of the shelf and onto the floor everyday.

I am a very lucky Mommy!
Look below for my post about Easter.

6 comments:

amber and alma said...

Great update, glad to see what everyone is up to. We miss you guys and are so sad we won't be in AZ at the same time. We love you and your kids!

Angela said...

Yay, an update! =) So Cora is walking!! And talking!!! She is so cute!! The $5 story is so funny! You guys are so fun!

diane said...

I love the pic of you and Cora making faces. Too cute.
Your 30 Rock link didn't work (I couldn't find it). =( Coincidentally, I am actually watching a 30 Rock rerun as I am reading your blog. I heart Jack Donaghy.
You need to get to the tanning booth right away. Just make sure you don't go in for too long the first few times, or you will have stripes down your backside.

Katie said...

i love y'all! and the pizza story is now added to the list as one of my favs of all time :)

Kristine Pratt said...

love the last picture, and I laughed again reading the pizza story!

Dave said...

You all look so happy in the snow picture - I'm so proud of you!! =)