Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I'm back

It's been so long since I posted I don't know where to start. I know you want to see a picture of my cute, bald, baby girl. (If you've seen one Lasura baby, apparently you've seen them all.)

So, we are finally in our house and we have the internet. Joe is back from his survival training in Washington state. Below is the picture we took just before he left, still living in temporary lodging. Cora only three weeks old. Joe's training was originally scheduled during the time when I was due to have Cora. I was so happy it was able to be changed and he could go after she was born. Thank goodness.


Here are Ezra and River keeping Cora company. Ezra is reading her a Transformers book, what a nice brother.

Once we got into our house we had to wait a few days to get all of our stuff that had been in storage since we left Alabama in April. I was so happy to have my own furniture, and especially my own bed. I missed it so much it felt more comfortable than I remembered.
My nephew, Jared, came from AZ to help me with the kids and the move while Joe was gone. He was a really big help. The boys had so much fun with him and he was really sweet to Cora.


Joe's Mom and Dad came to help me too. I was lucky to have them come and do so much for me. Cora was acting like a baby and didn't let me get very much stuff done. After everyone left we had to wait another week until we could have TV or the internet.
Without TV or internet River was my new best friend, especially while Ezra was at school. He was following me around and even talking to me while I was doing my hair. He also put on shows for Cora while she sat in her bouncy seat. It was very cute. He even asked if he could help feed Cora. When there is no TV I guess you just have to make due with your little sister.

Below is a picture of our house, we live on the left side. There are a lot of historical houses on base. I think ours was built in the early 1900's. After everything is unpacked and the house is more presentable I will take more pictures and do a post about it.

On base there are wild antelope and geese that roam all over. You have to pay attention while you are driving because the antelope cross the street when ever they want. Here is a picture I took out of our back door. There were at least 20 of them grazing in the grass next to our garage.

We were all very happy when Joe got to come home on Saturday. We missed him. Isn't he lucky to come home to a house full of boxes?
We are bracing our selves for the cold weather that is about to come our way. Last night we were watching the weather forecast for Cheyenne and on the weather map the forecast was written "damp and dreary". I can't wait. Nothing sounds better than damp and dreary. Saturday the forecast calls for rain mixed with snow.
We like it here in Cheyenne. Everyone has been very friendly. Although it is the capitol city it is a very small town. Only about 53,000 people (compared to our hometown of Mesa, AZ which has almost 400,000). It's such a small town that when you go places you see people that you know, and I don't even know that many people yet. We do have a Target which is more than we had when we lived in Mississippi and Alabama.
So hopefully we can get unpacked and Cora can start sleeping through the night, so I will be able to blog more.
Thanks everyone for the love and support when Cora was born.

17 comments:

Christy said...

So glad your back! I've been waiting to see pictures of your kids. What a cute smile little Cora has.

Anonymous said...

Your house looks so neat! Can't wait to see more pictures. That's so cool about the antelope too. We saw a bunch driving through. We have a lot of deer out here that you have watch for while driving. It's getting so cold here too but no snow for us yet. I hope it holds off for awhile, don't think I'm ready for that yet! The boys are so cute with Cora! :-)

Katie said...

oh yay! i am so happy for a lasura update! cora is beautiful, the boys are too cute, and your house is awesome! can't wait to see the inside. we miss you guys like crazy! can't wait for more updates to come!

Dave said...

We miss you guys - glad Joe survived survivial and that you survived the move without him.

Courtney said...

So happy you are back. I am glad that you guys are in a house now and are getting all of your own things were they belong. Good luck with unpacking everything and getting Cora to sleep through the night.

amber and alma said...

First, welcome back old friend!
Second, "once you've seen a Lasura baby..." is SO TRUE. Wow, she is super cute.
Three, are you prepared for the snow? Get a down coat! I know you think down, isn't that for comforters? But it is the best for keeping warm when it is cold and snowy.
Fourth, Joe totally looks so skinny after survival training. I was so happy to talk to him when he got home.
Love the house, love you guys, and miss you terribly.

Kelsey said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you guys are in a house and Cora is such a darling. We miss you guys!!

diane said...

If you were wondering, your kids have the cutest names. Ever.
Know what's weird? I see Rita and James at least once a week. :-P
Congrats on a beautiful healthy little girl!
-Diane (Francis) Britt

Unknown said...

Cora is so beautiful! She totally looks like a girly Lasura baby.

I want to hear more about Joe's survival training. Sounds interesting!

Sounds like you were doing the same survival training of your own with a newborn, toddler, and no TV or internet! Way to go for surviving! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Ok, that was from Amy...I need to go see how to change that!
Amy

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Joanie-- I am sooo happy everything is going great for you! What a crazy few months. Love the pics- Cora is darling & can't wait to get our girls together sometime?!? I've got 6 weeks & countdown. Take care
luvs
jodi

Ben said...

Hey,
Joe did they not feed you at all at survival? Were you there the same time as Jensen? I am jealous that you guys are out west and we are still in Mississippi.

Jill said...

So glad to hear from you! I'm glad Joe's back with you. The pictures are awesome, and hope you can stay warm :) Talk to you soon.

Rachel and kids said...

joan so happy for the safe delivery of Cora! She sure is sweet. How neat that you and Melanie both have little girls so close together. Hey enjoy the weather cause I think the high today is going to be about 95F. The heat is what I hate the most about living here. I had to get my gallbladder out after I delivered my second girl, Paige so I know what that horrible chest pain feels like! Congrats again!

The Heiner's said...

Joan,
So happy you found me and left a comment! Your kids are absolutely adorable! Congrats on that new baby girl! So fun! Im happy we can keep in touch now too!
Andi

Sarah Beau Bera said...

Your baby girl is very cute.

Anonymous said...

Phew, you is busy.