Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Joe

My Joe. He is the best.
Hey All, it was Joe's birthday last Month! Joe wanted me to take some pictures to put on the blog for his parents. So I took some pictures for his parents to see on the blog. The only problem is we got a new printer and I'm not sure where the pictures files are. So I decided to talk about his party and post some of my fav pictures of Joe and share with every one how great he is.
It was fun to plan a party with the help of two little guys. We decorated with streamers and balloons. We even hid and yelled surprise when Joe got home from work. It was a good party with just us four. I asked Joe what he wanted for his birthday dinner, and he said steaks. So basically Joe grilled his own birthday dinner, because I don't do charcoal. He seemed to be fine with it. The steaks turned out delicious. I attempted to make some fancy banana\peanut butter brownies for Joe's birthday cake. I think they turned out pretty good. The boys ate theirs, but I think I was having an aversion to bananas due to pregnancy. The boys were so excited for Joe to open his presents. He didn't get anything special just pajama pants and an outdoor dart set. He acted like he loved them because the boys picked them out. I could tell he enjoyed spending time with me and the boys for his birthday.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Joe.

Here is Joe and the boys playing in their bedroom in Tucson.Joe is such a good dad and the boys love to "play wrestle" with him.

This is one my favorite picture of Joe and me when we went to Mount Lemmon in Tucson.

This is Joe and River when we had River's b-day party in Alabama.Joe is really good at being in charge of the party. He keeps things organized and on track.

Another picture of Joe and River. Here they are right after Joe got home from field training(boot camp), aren't they sweet?

Here is Joe and Ezra in Mississippi. This is Joe balancing work and family. He is teaching Ezra how to chair fly.

This is Joe getting "dunked" after his first solo flight in the T-6. Good times.

Here are the Lasura boys on the day of Joe's graduation.

Here are the boys playing guitar hero together.

A few of the many reasons why Joe is the best:
~He always gets the boys ready for church, so I don't have to get up earlier.
~He knows if a banana will be up to my standards or not.
~He shaves in the shower, so he won't be loud and wake me up.
~He saves the last one, of whatever, for me.
~I don't worry if he has done all of the paperwork that comes with moving, because he is good at getting that kind of stuff done.
~He doesn't complain when I forget to buy him soy milk, when I always remember to buy regular milk for everyone else.
~He is hilarious and makes me laugh always.
~He pretends like he can’t see my gray hairs, when I point them out.
~He lets the boys climb all over him even when he's not in the mood.

6 comments:

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Love your tribute to Joe!! :) I miss you guys - hope you are loving the travels & feeling good for the babe
Luvs
Jodi

amber and alma said...

What a great post about Joe. Hard to believe he's the same guy that used to hide my pool money and trick me into making lunch for him. Just kidding. Joe has always been one of my best friends and I am glad that we have always had each other. And then you guys got married and I had 2 best friends together forever as part of my family. I am a lucky girl. We love you guys and hope NM is treating you well.

Katie said...

happy late birthday joe. are you guys enjoying new mexico? let us know when you come through on your way to cheyenne. maybe we could help out some way or another.

Sarah Beau Bera said...

sarah was here

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy birthday to Joe! I hope things are good over there in New Mexico. Take lots of pictures, even though you don't feel like it because the last trimester ZORKS (as Joe would say). Love you guys!

Dave said...

I absolutely love the guitar hero picture. I can't wait for Bailey to be old enough to hang out with. She took her first step Friday night - so it won't be long. We miss you.