Friday, April 04, 2008

There will be PINK

Let's hope it never comes to this.
We are so excited that we are having a girl! River is a little disappointed, Ezra is pumped, Joe and I are very pleased with ourselves.
Joe schedule changed at the last minute, shocker I know. He wasn't able to come to the ultrasound appointment, so I just took the boys with me. I told the doctor that we didn't want to know what it was because Joe wasn't there, but I wanted him to write it down so the whole fam could look at it when we were all together. I guess he forgot or was really excited because he let it slip out while I was laying there. He was showing me all of the different body parts he said, "here is the spine, here is the legs, here is the bladder, it doesn't look like there are any little boy parts sticking out between the legs." So I pretty much knew right then, but tried to ignore it so I could be excited when Joe and the boys found out. Ezra and River were there, but they weren't very interested in what the doctor had to say. I am so excited to be having a little girl. I will say that when I see the pictures of Jodi and her boys I know it wouldn't be so bad to have three little boys who think I'm the best.

P.S. A funny story about the picture above. I had to switch purses so I started using the one that River is holding in the picture. When he saw me with it he told me that purse was the one he used when he wore his disguise. Sometimes when you are a mom, you can stop yourself from laughing at stuff your kids say. This was not one of those times. I had no idea that it was a disguise. I just thought he was dressing up. He was pretty serious about it and I hurt his feeling a bit when I laughed at his disguise.

15 comments:

Katie said...

congrats on the little girl. she will be a cutie. but i pitty all the guys that will try and date her, between her 2 brothers and dad, lol.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie and Will said...

omg yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a girl!!! how fun!!! i'm sooo excited for you guys! congrats!

now.......send some pink, girl vibes my way!!!! ;)

Sara said...

Yay! I second Fifi....Fifi Lola Lasura....um...sounds like an exotic dancer....

Kelsey said...

Yay! A girl! I'm so excited. It will be so fun for you guys to have a girl now and I'm exctied to see what a little girl Lasura will be like. Oh, and I love the whole bit about River's disguise...Oliver thought that was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the girl! When will you guys be in Albuquerque?

Jill said...

Horay!!! I'm so excited for you guys, I can't wait till you are closer. I hope all is going well with you and hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

I had to ask joe if that text meant what I think it meant. Now i know for sure. Hooray for baby girl lasura!

Nancy said...

YAY for girls. They are totally dramatic, but oh so fun. You will love every minute of it.

Angela said...

How exciting!!! Dressing up little girls is so fun! :) I can wait to see her!

meagan said...

look at you two already having boys and girl! Congrats guys, by the way I vote for Fifi. Good luck with the moves.

Courtney said...

Congratulations! Now you can shop for cute little dresses, pink and purple stuff, etc.

Jod Jas Curtis said...

YEA-- Now how'd you pull it off? We need some serious pointers... you guys done good :) I have a box full of girls clothes... you might have a package in the mail soon :)
Loves
Jodi

Sarah said...

hurray!!! You know, I have always been fond of the name Neta Lou. I can see it now, Neta Lou Lasuras. It has a nice ring to it, and you can yell it smoothly. That's important especially when she is getting into trouble. LITTLE NETA LOU LASURAS - GET YOUR FANNY OVER HERE!!!
Congrats - and good luck!!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on a girl. They are so fun.