Friday, March 21, 2008

Assignment Night Update

Ok, I accidentally lied about the more information coming soon in my last post. I honestly intended on posting about assignment night and sharing information about Wyoming, but it was a busy week.
Assignment night was exciting and to get their assignment the students harnessed the power of Albert Einstein's mustache that their instructor just happened to have in a jar. (Remember, mustache March?) It was funny. Joe wasn't concentrating hard enough, I guess he was hungry because instead of our assignment coming up on the big screen it was a picture of a burrito. He got it together and we were able to see that we are going to Wyoming.

Joe trying to get inspiration from a pickled mustache.
If you look close you can kind of see Joe's "stache"


We are excited to go to Wyoming and be in the West again. I didn't want to be a baby and put Wyoming first on our list, when there was the possible opportunity to live in some "really cool" places. I mean I never thought I would be excited to live in Wyoming, but this assignment is exactly what I needed. Plus it sounds kind of cool to say that we will be living in Cheyenne, it makes me think of country music and rodeos. Part of being in the Air Force is that you get to see different parts of the world, but I miss my family and it will be nice to be able to drive to AZ for holidays and summer vacation, if I want to. It will be about a 15 hour drive, much better than the 27 hours from Alabama. Also I'm hoping for cheap flights from Dever (about 1.5 hours from Cheyenne) to Phoenix. Everyone(other people in the Air Force) that we have talked to about going to Wyoming are happy for us and tell us that we will love it there. I am told that it is very windy there. I also heard that they have this stuff called snow, I'm not sure what that is but I'll let you know when we get there.
So, a little over a year ago when Joe told me he couldn't stop thinking about wanting to fly helicopters and that I had to give helicopters some serious thought and quit leaving the room every time he started talking about helicopters, he told me that one of the jobs that helicopter pilots in the Air Force had was to fly the space and missile guys from base out to where they work, which apparently is pretty far because you need a helicopter to get there. So guess what Joe will be doing in Cheyenne? Flying the space and missile guys, well he said it's not those guys actually, but the security forces guys (police on base) who work out there too. One of Joe's instructors was stationed in Wyoming and he said that it might be kind of a boring job for Joe, but he will have pretty regular hours and I will get to see him on a regular basis. I am super excited about that part. How boring can it be though? I mean he still gets to fly a helicopter everyday as his job.
We had graduation this morning but I will save that for the next post, I took lots of pictures. Thanks everyone for supporting us and making feel like you care.

8 comments:

Angela said...

I know Dave will have something to say about your snow line :) He is in survival training right now -not fun. I'm so glad you are happy with the assignment and that Joe will accomplish what he wanted and planned. Good luck with everything!

A said...

Im totally stoked for you to be in Wyoming and looking forward to hearing about Joes boring job adventures. Im sure its a lot more exciting than stuff like... Al- "hey honey guess what happened to me today?" Bec- "What?" Al- "I fixed a computer problem again, it was so hard and there were all kinds of 1's and 0's and stuff" I hear that Wyoming is brownish grey, and greyish brown.

Anonymous said...

There's this country song by Garth Brooks that says something like, "I don't give a damn if you ever come back from Cheyenne." I just want you to know that I will give a damn. And I'm happy you're going to Cheyenne.

amber and alma said...

Hooray!! Graduation!!
Hooray!! Wyoming!!
Hooray!! Shaving off the mustache?

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Congrads on Graduation! Okay, Jason's dream is to fly a helicopter, where does he sign up!? That is actually what he is getting for his b-day in 2 weeks: Helicopter ride -woohoo :) We miss you guys, love the bLogGinG life to keep up!
Loves
Jodi

Amy said...

Congratulations on graduation! I can't wait to see more pictures. I need a closer view of the "stache" though. When do you guys go to Cheyenne? I am the most excited to read your blog every week to hear about Joe's boring job and your boring life with your boring boys! Love you guys!

Amy said...

Congratulations on graduation! I can't wait to see more pictures. I need a closer view of the "stache" though. When do you guys go to Cheyenne? I am the most excited to read your blog every week to hear about Joe's boring job and your boring life with your boring boys! Love you guys!

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

Hey Joan. Holy Cow. I am so happy to hear from you! Congrats on your hubby, that is exciting. Your boys are darling. Thank you for contacting me. I still remember girls camp-you saved me. You are so much fun! Take Care. I'll keep an eye on your family blog!!